We’re all familiar with the phrase, “What a difference a day makes.” Now we can add, “What a difference a pandemic makes!” For the last 2.5 years we have learned the hard way what happens when a world-wide pandemic shows up at church. While the visages of COVID are still with us, Seventh-day Adventist congregations within the Pacific Union Conference are reflecting upon what happened, where they are today, and how to do church in a post-pandemic world.
Small-Group and Leadership Questions:
Watch the video and ask participants to respond to the following questions:
- What were your thoughts when you first heard about COVID?
- How long did you initially think COVID would last?
- Have you lost any family members or friends to COVID?
- How did “attending” church via Zoom affect you?
- In what ways has the pandemic changed your church?
- How has COVID equipped your church to deal with the next pandemic?