Denise Sanderson’s life has not been easy. The fact that she is now a follower of Jesus and the Director of Adventist Community Services in Phoenix, Arizona, is nothing short of a miracle. Discover what brought her to this place. Truly God is still in the business of changing people’s lives.
Small-Group and Leadership Questions:
Watch the video and ask participants to respond to the following questions:
- Can you relate to Denise’s description of growing up?
- Does your community have an “inner city” where many struggle to survive?
- Small rural communities have unique challenges as well. Name a couple.
- How can a church respond to local issues of poverty and need?
- What can your church do to help alleviate human hardship?