Jacinta Turner talks about the need for medical professionals to be unbiased in the workplace (which can also apply to people in the church). Imagine how you would feel if you were in a hospital (church) where a nurse allowed their ideological or religious biases to dictate how they treated you as a patient? Turner helps nurses understand the importance of empathy, compassion, and kindness in the healing process.
Small-Group and Leadership Questions:
Watch the video and ask participants to respond to the following questions:
- What similarities are there between hospitals and churches?
- In what ways are hospitals and churches different?
- Could it be helpful to view those who come to church as patients or customers?
- Why do you think some feel threatened by people who are different?
- Do you consider a multi-ethnic church a positive or a negative? Explain.
- List three ways racial harmony can be promoted within a church.
If you enjoyed this, you may also enjoy Sharing Christ with a Post Christian America | How to Love Those Who Are Different© 2017 - 2023 Church Support Services. All rights reserved. Click here for content usage information.