In the Adventist world, there are more small churches than medium-sized or large churches. And most of the large churches are in institutionalized settings. Small churches have their challenges, but there are benefits as well. Listen to Adventist members in Big Bear, California, talk about what it means to belong to a small church in the mountains of Southern California.
Small-Group and Leadership Questions:
Watch the video and ask participants to respond to the following questions:
- Describe the smallest church where you’ve been a member?
- What do you think is the optimum size for a church?
- Would you rather belong to a small church or a large one? Why?
- Is it possible to create a “small church” feel within a large church? If so, how?
- What is the most important thing a church can do regardless of its size?