When you think about the needs of your community, does anything pop into your mind? We’re talking about needs that your church can respond to. A group of members from the Camelback Seventh-day Adventist Church in Phoenix, Arizona, have a different view of Christmas than the average Phoenix resident. Something exciting and compassionate occurs each year on Christmas day that echos the “reason for the season.”
Small-Group and Leadership Questions:
Watch the video and ask participants to respond to the following questions:
- Is homelessness a problem in your city? If so, is your church involved in a community-led discussion about it?
- Some municipalities forbid churches from feeding the homeless. What motivates this kind of thinking?
- How can your church help advocate with local authorities for those who are unhoused and hurting?
- Imagine you are unhoused and getting ready to sleep for the night. What do you need most?
- What inspires you about this video story?